Mobile: 07546 113 717
A motivated and results-driven interim manager and chartered IT professional with 20+ years’ experience in executive and non-executive roles (CIO, MD, NED, IT Director, Programme Director and Business & Technology Management Consultant) gained in organisations such as Collinson Group, the NHS, Regus and Shawbrook Bank.
- Trusted advisor to C-Level Executives, Boards and Entrepreneurs in formulating commercially aware strategies of business change, integrating technology innovation into mainstream business revenue channels, promoting continuous business improvement and business growth.
- Supported organisations from FTSE 250 to Start-ups, in multiple regulated and non-regulated industries within financial services, healthcare, marketing, hospitality, travel, loyalty, technology and telecommunication.
- An accomplished, innovative and critical thinking strategist able to translate client and business requirements into tangible, realistic roadmaps, programme deliverables, products and services.
- Customer centric and confident with client, stakeholder and vendor management, communication and presentation at all business levels.
- People focussed, collaborative and transformational leader who managed cross-functional, diverse, multi-national onshore and offshore teams of up to 190 individuals in complex settings.
- Commercially astute with a laser focus on financial governance managing budgets in excess of £40m.
- As seasoned and charted information technology professional, delivered complex portfolios of change and digital transformation programmes, also while leading large IT operations across multiple regulated and non-regulated industries, sectors and international markets to end users in excess of 10,000.
- Able to lead the design and execution of organisational change & business transformation programmes, developing and executing strategies to improve business value chain operations aligned with customer needs.
- Delivering the Shawbrook Bank 2020 Central Functions portfolio forecasting a 10.1% budget saving.
- Programme-managed the challenging the challenging £1.3m Ambit Enterprise upgrade (asset management system) across 14 business units, each with multiple product offerings, on time and under budget. The programme received board accolades as the best managed delivery in Shawbrook.
- center of excellence (2018/19) and introduced new innovative ways of working to achieve c9% operational efficiency savings per annum.
- growth of 42% and an overall 700% increase in assets.
- an IT transformation plan delivering an annual saving of £3.6m.
- product development to deliver a functional first version customer loyalty system for Allegiant Airlines within 10 development weeks.
- , exceeded first-year (2012/13) £15m budget targets by 5%.
- Introduced Software as a Service (SaaS) and Private Cloud technologies into Collinson Group. Managed the product transition development of the TLS (The Loyalty Solution) into a SaaS solution and led the technical business development initiatives (2008-12) to successfully win six business of six new loyalty-system clients.
- By focusing on engaging, coaching, mentoring and empowering people, achieved the highest staff retention rate of all companies within Collinson for three consecutive years (2009-2011).
- Directed the internal distributor setup projects that successfully established technical production and IT operations for CFS-International in eleven countries between 2001 and 2008.
- Managed the product development of the CFS “Tracka” product that won the 2004 Industrial Innovation Award of the Department of Trade and Industry in South Africa.
- Directed the development and international deployment of the CFS reporting platform that got acknowledged as Reporting Services pioneer for being the first in South Africa that commercially implemented the Microsoft SQL Reporting Services platform internationally. Microsoft used the project as a case study on road shows and published it in the 10.2004 Microsoft TechNet magazine.
Head of Delivery and Innovation, Shawbrook Bank
- Enabled strategic and continuous change while taking technology ownership of applications and associated service delivery for the bank’s central functions.
- Delivered the £5.5m Central Functions Change Portfolio to stakeholder and customer expectation, forecasting a 10.1% saving against budget, covering 16 change initiatives and continuous change workstreams.
- Established central function’s Change Portfolio Management Office (PMO) with customer-focused and skilled staff, mentored to collate the right delivery and service metrics. The result: automated real-time availability of management information (MI) for proactive service delivery governance.
Programme Director, Shawbrook Bank
- Engaged within the Business Finance division transforming the asset finance, working capital, structured finance and development finance technologies and IT operations.
- Defined and delivered the “Tech-Hub Maturity Transformation” programme, enabling 9% operational efficiency savings per annum.
- Defined a testing capability for the bank, including the risk-mitigating test strategy, automation framework, associated Azure cloud development and test environments. Delivered the test-automation toolset proof of concept (POC) enabling continuous delivery, reducing regression testing efforts by 95%.
- Programme-managed the challenging £1.3m Ambit Enterprise deployment (10.5% under budget), used as the asset management application within 14 business units for multiple product offerings – described by Shawbrook executives as “miraculous and the best-managed delivery in Shawbrook”.
Technology Management Consultant & Project Manager, Rainbird Technologies
- Established the Rainbird.AI platform implementation process, and introduced an Agile delivery approach using Jira as the project governance toolset with custom workflows and issue types configured to accommodate the niche aspects of the AI platform.
- Delivered the POC implementation for PwC, spearheading an international rollout in 157 countries.
- Implemented the Rainbird AI for the tax and advisory services provider Grant Thornton.
Non-Executive Director (NED), KAMOHA TECH
- Served on the board of this company to improve corporate governance and assist with product and service development (RPA – robotic process automation, and ITSM – IT service management) – establishing the company as an independent IT service provider.
Managing Director & Head of Service, Systems Powering Healthcare
- Compiled a 6-year strategic business plan with associated budget for SPHERE (an IT service provider owned by two prominent NHS Foundation Trusts in London), with clear annual investment and service delivery milestones. Executed the plan and grew the business from a start-up to an established medium-sized enterprise, achieving the third year’s targets at the end of the second financial year, increasing assets by 700%.
- Developed a service-oriented target operating model (TOM) for SPHERE, and introduced and implemented “Service-Now” as the supporting enterprise resource planning (ERP) and operations toolset, servicing more than 10,000 end users. This digital transformation further increased SPHERE’s IT service management maturity while delivering the associated 5-year £2.4m NPV saving in operational cost, with an ROI of 493% (288% IRR).
- Through M&A, business transformation and key ITSM improvement initiatives (as per strategy), grew SPHERE’s revenue by 42%. This growth delivered a shareholder investment ROI of 280% (82% IRR, £3.1m NPV) in 2017, which secured the path for a 1,149% ROI (£12.6m NPV) over the 6-year strategic plan. The new shared-service solution saved the NHS around £3m per annum.
- Directed the development and execution of a 5-year IT strategy and associated transformation programme totalling £42m (£14.4m capex and £5.56m opex p.a.), future-proofing the IT infrastructure.
- Defined “cost per IT user” as a key performance indicator (KPI), demonstrating the value proposition of SPHERE’s IT services to its shareholders and clients. Executed the strategic business plan, delivering an 11% reduction in the cost per IT user in 2016 and a further 13% reduction in 2017, exceeding the set business success target KPI by 12%.
- Developed the commercial service catalogue that was successfully used to win a tender bid to become an IT service provider to Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, worth up to £10m.
- Through promoting a commercially aware, customer-centric and people-focused business culture, built a high-performing, involved and empowered team – resulting in staff (knowledge) retention increasing from 82% at the beginning of 2016 to 98% at the end of 2017.
Chief Executive Officer, Amberlight
- Worked closely with the business owner to realise his vision. Developed a business transformation plan, pivoting the business model and repositioning the core business focus, enabling new revenue opportunities
Global Head of Systems and Professional Services, Regus
- As trusted adviser to the CIO and COO, identified technology-driven innovation and business transformation initiatives and developed an IT transformation plan that, through efficient modelling of the technology requirements into a service delivery model, accomplished an annual operational saving of £3.6m.
- Programme-managed Oracle Sales Cloud deployment (£7m), covering 32 projects and workstreams, integrating ERP and customer relationship management (CRM) solutions, replacing legacy systems.
Programme & Product Director, Lola Tech & Cloud Troopers
- As trusted adviser to the CIO and Marketing Director, product-managed and developed a commercially points-driven loyalty engine integrated with the booking system to drive continuous customer engagements and increase the effectiveness of existing and newly introduced revenue streams.
- Directed the technology product management and offshore software development teams that successfully delivered the customer loyalty system for Allegiant Airlines – $2.4m budget. A functional first version was delivered within ten development weeks (five Sprints).
Group Technology Director (CIO), Collinson Group
- To minimise effort duplication and reduce IT costs, designed and implemented a transformation strategy focused on service-oriented architecture (SOA) as the foundation of IT centralisation in the Collinson Group, establishing Collinson Technology Services (CTS). With full P&L accountability, achieved a £0.75m saving in IT cost in FY 2012–13, exceeding budgeted targets by 5% – £15m budget.
- Negotiated contracts and introduced offshore and outsourced software development partners and vendors to Collinson Group, improving resource flexibility and reducing the software development and support costs by approximately 25% per annum.
- Client base included ICLP, Vivid Lime, Cogent Analytics, Columbus Insurance, Priority Travel Group, Intel, Intercontinental Hotel Group, Global Hotel Alliance, NH Hotels, Guoman-Thistle Hotels, Avis, L’Oréal, Kempinski Hotels, Brussels Airlines, TAP Air Portugal, Croatia Airlines, Delta Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Harrods, Brown Thomas, Collinson Latitude and others.
- Overall UK, Europe and India strategic and operational direction and P&L ownership.
Group Technology Director, ICLP, Vivid Lime, Cogent Analytics (Collinson Group)
- Directed the loyalty product management and development, deployment, integration, system changes and support services of enterprise-level IT programmes across 14 global client accounts.
- Introduced hardware virtualisation into Collinson Group IT estate, and directed the migration of the data centre infrastructure from Colt to Telstra, reducing the total cost of ownership (TCO) by 45%.
- Introduced Agile software development methodologies to the non-technology businesses within Collinson Group (ICLP, Vivid Lime and Cogent Analytics), increasing business stakeholder involvement. This improved technology and business integration, resulting in better technology products and customer satisfaction.
General Manager, Global Marketing Software (Collinson Group)
- Developed and executed a transformation strategy, aligning IT operations and programme management with financial goals – establishing commercial awareness in the IT teams. The strategy covered business process re-engineering (BPM), aligning the business services including marketing, sales, product development, solution deployment and support services using best practices of ITIL, PMI and ISO 9001. This resulted in a first-year revenue improvement of £1.5m in 2009, and an average 30% profit improvement for three consecutive financial years from 2010.
- Introduced Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and private cloud technologies to Collinson Group. Evolved the TLS (The Loyalty Solution) product to be delivered as a SaaS solution, resulting in the onboarding of six new client accounts – successfully converting business development opportunities, thereby securing recurring revenue across Collinson Group companies.
Technical Director, CFS-Europe
- Operational direction and management of technical functions including Infrastructure, Technical Field Support, Help Desk, Production, Product Installation and Maintenance, Stock Control and Technical Workshop.
- In-house software development projects including stock control, technical support call logging and tracking, report development, intranet and websites.
- Expanded the business into Russia.
General Manager and Technical board Director, CFS-International
- Strategic planning and operational delivery management of the product line including need assessment, design, specification, development, testing, project management, documentation, upgrade management, deployment and training. The resulting TRACKA product won the South African Department of Trade and Industry’s Innovation Award in 2004.
- International expansion and strategic management of technical functions for CFS-International in eleven international distributors in Europe, South Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, East Africa, the Middle East and North Africa, South-East Asia, Australasia, North America and Mauritius.
|Business & Technology LeadershipVision & StrategyBusiness DirectionOperations Direction & ManagementTechnology ManagementGeneral ManagementCorporate GovernanceFinancial GovernanceBusiness PlanningRisk ManagementBoard DirectorInnovation & Integration||Transformation & ChangePortfolio GovernanceProgramme & Project ManagementPortfolio Management Office (PMO)Business & Technology IntegrationBusiness Case developmentProduct & Service Development Software Development (SDLC)Product ManagementBusiness AnalysisProject Delivery MethodologiesExecutive Management||Business DevelopmentService Delivery (ITSM)Business Process ManagementProcess EngineeringRobotic Process Automation (RPA)Artificial Intelligence (AI)Enterprise Loyalty SystemsStakeholder Management Vendor ManagementOutsourcingCommercial Awareness & Coaching Regulated Industries (Fin & NHS)|
- Head of Delivery & Innovation, Shawbrook Bank, 2019-2020
- Programme Director, Shawbrook Bank, 2018–2019
- Technology Management Consultant and Project Manager, Rainbird.AI, 2018
- Non-Executive Director, KAMOHA Tech, 2018–2019
- Managing Director, Systems Powering Healthcare (NHS), 2015–2017
- Chief Executive Officer, Amberlight, 2015
- Global Head of Systems and Professional Services, Regus, 2014–2015
- Programme and Loyalty Product Director, Allegiant Airlines, Lola Tech and Cloud Troopers, 2013–2014
- Non-Executive Director, Openstageit, 2013–2014
- Group Technology Director (CIO), Collinson Group, 2012–2013
- Global Technology Director, ICLP, Vivid Lime and Cogent Analytics, 2008–2013
- General Manager, Global Marketing Software, 2008–2012
- Technical Director, Customer Feedback Systems – Europe, 2006–2008
- Board Director, General Manager & Technical Director, Customer Feedback Systems – International, 2001–2008
- Group IT Manager, VWV Group, 2000–2001
- Head of Product Development and Engineering, Autopage, Radiospoor, 1999–2000
- Computer Support Engineer and Systems Administrator, Technicare, 1997–1999
- Entrepreneur, Retail Manager, Principal and Lecturer, RYB, Mega Stores, CDC, Greenpoint, 1997–2006
- Commanding Officer – Planning Office, SAMS Technical Support Unit, South African Military, 1988–1997
|QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING|
- Company Direction – Institute of Directors (IoD)
- National Diploma in Electronic Engineering (with distinction)
- B.Eng. Electronic and Computer Engineering (3rdyr)
- Chartered Information Technology Professional (CITP)
- Project Management – George Washington University School of Business
- Diploma in Business Management
- British and South-African Citizenship
- Activities: Archery, Golf, Cross Country Motorcycling, Outdoor Cooking
- Full clean UK driver’s license
The Portfolio Summary of Assignments, Programmes & Project Achievement.