What The Numbers Mean
“A Guide to Financial Intelligence and Commercial Awareness
…for aspiring Technologists.”
by Renier Botha
Read it on…
‘Techies doing ‘bean counting’, surely that is the role of the Finance Department – definitely not that of a technologist? Correct, but think again…
As more and more companies become increasingly digitally driven, the trend is that smart companies are investing more in their digital strategies and the conversion of technology innovation into revenue earning products and services. Leading businesses in this technology age, will be the technologist, the IT leaders of today is becoming the business leaders of the future.
This book provides a concise overview of the most important financial functions, statements, terms, practical application guidelines and performance measures.
- It explains the different financial statements in more detail, the data that make-up the information provided within financial accounts.
- It provides an overview of the underlying financials in business and technology operations, project management, marketing and sales.
- You will gain insight into how to identify and understand your target audience within the market you operate in and how to measure up against your opposition.
- You’ll learn the value that commercial awareness and financial intelligence bring to setting strategy, increasing productivity and efficiency and how it can support you in making more effective decisions.
- You’ll learn what the numbers really mean.
Last Updated – Mar’19 :: First Published – Nov’15