SPHERE invests in knowledge training…
This course is specifically designed to improve your skills as an information security manager. Using O-ISM3 as a framework, you will master process management, and you will be able to:
- Prioritize security efforts using business significant criteria
- Communicate the value that Information Security Department brings to the organization
- Design, implement and use information security metrics proven in the field, enabling short cycle continuous improvement
- Simplify ISO27001 compliance
- Complement ITIL security
- Manage outsourced security services with SLA’s
- Implement TOGAF and SABSA architectures.
O-ISM3 is an information security management maturity standard published by The Open Group, a leader in the development of open, vendor-neutral IT standards and certifications.
SPHERE, and other organizations like the Swiss Armed Forces, the National Bank of Panama and Bankia use O-ISM3. Our student, Pedro Valcárcel, a professional with 15 years’ experience in security said about the course: “This course opened my eyes. I wish I had taken it sooner”
Vicente Aceituno is the Senior Information Security Manager of SPHERE. He is leader of the standard Open Information Security Management Maturity Model; he has broad experience in outsourcing of security services and research. His focus is information security outsourcing, management and related fields like metrics and certification of ISMS.
Mark your calendar
London Course – Monday 12th to Wednesday 14th December 2016
What you will learn:
- Deep understanding of complex security and management concepts
- Alignment of security objectives with an organization’s mission
- Classifying and setting requirements for information systems that satisfy security objectives
- Communication of the value of information security
- Access control management concepts
- Implementation of security processes
- Process management activities
- Design, implementation and use of information security metrics
- Understanding of the relationship between metrics, management practices, capability and maturity
- Techniques for visualization of security metrics
- Understanding of distribution of responsibilities concepts
- ISM3-RA Risk Assessment
- Management of Outsourced Security processes.
Day 1 – 9:00 – 17:00
- Concepts: You will gain a deeper understanding of complex security concepts.
- Assets & Goals: You will be able to set security objectives aligned with your organization’s mission, and you will be able to communicate what is the value that the information security department brings to the organization.
- Security Objectives: You will be able to set requirements for information systems that satisfy security objectives.
- Access Control: You will gain an understanding of the management ramifications of access control.
- Classification of Systems: You will be able to prioritize efforts using business significant criteria for systems classification.
- Activities & Deliverables: You will gain an understanding of the relationship between activity and achievement of goals.
- Bottom-up Process Implementation: You will learn how to apply O-ISM3 to processes under your own responsibility.
- Top-down Security Program: You will learn how to apply O-ISM3 when you have support from top IT management.
Day 2 – 9:00 – 17:00
- General Processes: You will familiarize yourself with auxiliary but essential processes.
- Strategic Processes: You will familiarize yourself with processes related to goals definition and provision of resources.
- Tactical Processes: You will familiarize yourself with processes related to continuous improvement and resource distribution.
- Operational Processes: You will familiarize yourself with technical hands-on processes.
- Management Practices: You will learn the basics about process management activities.
- Metrics: You will learn in detail how to design, implement and use information security metrics.
- Maturity: You will become familiar with the relationship between metrics, management practices, capability and maturity.
- Reports, Dashboards & Visualization: You will learn how to make the best of metrics, enabling interpretation and communication.
Day 3 – 9:00 – 17:00
- Security Organization: You will understand how the distribution of responsibilities make processes tick, and how to avoid related risks.
- Security Modelling: You will gain a working knowledge of advanced security models.
- O-ISM3-RA: You will learn to perform a simple yet meaningful Risk Assessment.
- ISO27001: You will learn how to make O-ISM3 help you with ISO27001 compliance.
- IT Architecture: You will learn how to use O-ISM3 effectively with SABSA and TOGAF.
- ITIL & SLA’s: You will learn how to complement ITIL with O-ISM3, and how to design SLA in order to manage outsourced security processes.
- Certification: You will peek at O-ISM3’s certification process.
- Techniques & References: You will learn general security techniques in order to treat security threats.
- Recapitulation: You will look back at the last three days highlighting the most important ideas and concepts.
Who should attend
This course is designed for security professionals who are or have the goal to acquire management level responsibilities in their organizations.
The maximum number of students is 10.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.